Thursday, May 2, 2013

Unwanted things


I was just seeing the content inside a cupboard and found there were many things that I never used in the past about a year or so.  Still many things, what I use it very seldom or never, were kept in the house and occupying spaces. Some of such things I found was old Camera, Video Game, 2 number of 256 kb memory Organisers, number of 1.44 mb Floppy disks, Glass taken out from a photo frame etc.. The list may be a lengthy one.   Many of these items were once used by me and may be kept as a memory or thinking it may be useful “someday”. I posted a question on FB to know whether it is applicable to others also and found everyone sails on the same boat.  Whether we are having time to see these things or to use it? May be NO.  I am sure in each house, atleast such things will be to the tune of 40% to 50% that is not used for months / years together but occupying good amount of space.  Many of such things will be thrown out Or given to others only if you vacate a house and go to another house.  If you are residing in a rented house, chances of cleaning things will be more compare to the family living in their own houses. 

Question stuck my mind whether we are preserving such things because we used them for some time, liked it, loved it and want to keep it physically as a memory? Many may say YES.  But my question is, we like and love our relatives, pets etc.  But if we lost anyone, even if it is our beloved father or mother or a dog or a cat or even if it is a flower plant (all living things), we just make our mind to next step and dispose the body or plant. We never continue to keep them with us by preserving. But why such thing is not happening to non-living things and we are continuing to preserve it?  Which love is more powerful? Love towards our beloved or towards such non living things?

I could not get an answer… Can someone through more light on this?   

Srini

No comments: